Foreword by Dylan Wiliam
Turn ideas into goals—and goals into impact
The road to school improvement and student achievement is paved with good intentions—so why does the destination seem so far away? If you’re like most educators, the answer is a pothole known as the implementation gap.
This book provides a road map to bypassing that gap in your school or district, offering a carefully researched, field-tested methodology that takes leadership teams, professional learning communities, and educators all the way from good ideas to systematic impact. Following the five Ds, you’ll:
- Discover goals worth pursuing and problems worth addressing
- Design instruments and actions that generate deep impact
- Deliver interventions and collect data
- Double-back to monitor your progress and evaluate the impact
- Double-up to enhance, sustain, and scale your success
You became an educator to make a difference in students’ lives. With this playbook, you’ll transform research and ideas into achievable actions—and make maximum impact.
Closing the Implementation Gap: Turning Ideas Into Goals—and Goals Into Impact
A webinar from Douglas Reeves, Arran Hamilton, and Janet Clinton
Bridging the Implementation Gap: From Inklings to Ideas to (Godzilla-like) Impact
An Op Ed by Arran Hamilton